Accessing your classes course materials
- To access the course materials for one of your classes, you must be signed in and on your profile page
- Click on the Course Materials tab
- Under this tab is a drop down box with each course and their materials
- To gain access to download the listed course materials you must have completed a class, or attended a conference under that course
- If one of these are true, you will gain access to download the course materials listed
Completing your Class Evaluation and Downloading your Certificate
- To complete your class evaluation and download your certificate, you must login to your account and visit your profile from the View Profile tab at the top of the Police Technical website.
- Under your profile you will see a tab titled Past Classes. This contains a list of all your previously attended classes.
- Under each class you will see a link next to Download certificate.
- If you have not yet completed your class evaluation, you will be prompted to do so. After which, you will be redirect to a download page for your class certificate. You may revisit this page at any time to re-download your certificate.
Gaining access to community
- Community is a forum strictly limited to law enforcement personnel. To gain access to this forum, you must become a verified user with Police Technical
- The first way to become a verified user is to register and complete a class with Police Technical. Once the class has been closed, you will gain access to all of the forum topics
- The second way to become a verified user is to register as a user, and request your account be verified.
- At the top of the Police Technical website, you will see a Register tab
- On this page, you will be prompted to create an account. Be sure to complete the form with accurate data in order for us to verify that you are law enforcement personnel
- Once your form has been submitted, your account will be created. Be sure to verfiy your email address withing 24 hours.
- You will have limited access to the “General” forums on community until a Police Technical representative has verified your account information. You will receive an email within 24 hours if your account information has been verified as being law enforcement personnel
Hosting a Police Technical class
- This first step to hosting a Police Technical class is to register as a pending host. This can be done from the Become a Host tab under the main navigation bar: Services > Training > Become a Host
- Complete the available form with accurate information and click Submit Sponsor Form at the bottom of the page
- After successfully submitting the form, you will receive an email containing the login credentials for your host profile
- This account will allow you to change your host information, contact Police Technical directly, view an exclusive news feed for hosts, and view current and past classes upon becoming an active host
- A Police Technical representative will look over your account information and get back to you regarding the status of your account and further actions to be completed
Publishing a book with Police Technical
- To begin the process of publishing a book through Police Technical, you must first register as an author under the Get Published link under the main navigation bar: Services > Publishing > Get Published
- Please fill out the available form with accurate information and click Submit at the bottom of the page
- Once you have successfully submitted the form, you will receive an email containing login credentials for accessing your Author Dashboard. It is important to note that this account is separate from Police Technical user accounts
- Once you have signed into your Police Technical author account, you will see the tab Books
- Under this tab you will see the option to Add a Book
- After completing the required form on this page with information regarding the current information and status of your book/outline, you will click Submit Book at the bottom of the page
- Your book will now appear under the Books tab, and will allow you to view the required documents to upload based on your books publication status
- After submission of these files, our editorial team will review your uploaded material and continue the process from there
Purchasing Certification Track Credits
- Visit the Purchase Certification Tracks page
- You must be signed in to Police Technical in order to access this page
- Click the purchase button next to the certification track you are interested in
- Select an elective if you have not yet completed one for that track
- Click checkout to proceed to the payment gateway
- This process can also be completed under the Certification Track tab on your profile page
Using Your Course Credits
- You must be signed into your Police Technical account in order to use your Course Credits
- Once you are signed in, navigate to the class you would like to attend from our Training Schedule
- If you have an available course credit for the course associated with this class, an extra tab will appear next to the Class Flyer tab titled Course Credit
- Under this tab you will be able to register for the class by simply clicking the Register using course credits button