Real Time Cell Phone Investigations
(53 Evaluations) Loveland , CO
Loveland Police Department
04/24/2017 to 04/25/2017
$405.00 per person
Whether responding to a critical missing person, a homicide, or a hostage barricade, students learn step by step how to exploit mobile technology in real time and how to interpret the data available from the various service providers. Students are also exposed to emerging cellular technologies including NELOS, PCMD, RTT, and EVDO.
Who Should Attend
This class is designed for detectives, patrol officers, analysists, and other personnel who respond to critical incidents where actionable intelligence in a real time setting is paramount.
Students must bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel and internet capabilities. An external mouse is recommended but not required.
1. Capabilities of Mobile Technology
2. Exigency Requests, Line Captures, Telephone, and Internet Service Restrictions
3. Legal Demands and What You Should Ask of a Service Provider
4. Hands-on exercise with Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint Records
5. Using Call Detail Records to Conduct a Complete Interview or Negotiation
6. Interpreting Real Time location services data from Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile
1. Dropped Phone and Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) investigations
2. Legal Demands Associated with Spoofing, SWATing, Harassment, and VOIP investigations
3. Identifying offenders who exploit Craig’s List, Offer Up, and other online sales sites
4. Special Hazards for Law Enforcement involving mobile applications
5. Case Studies of Telephone Misuse Cases and How to Identify Offenders
6. EXIF Data and open source intelligence gathering