Harnessing the power of Microsoft Excel® to better manage data & improve investigations.
Microsoft Excel® for Public Safety™ is designed to help public safety personnel best utilize Microsoft Excel ® to successfully manage law enforcement specific data. Whether it is case specific data (e.g. telephone tolls, financials) or agency-wide data (e.g. arrest stats, fugitive lists, calls for service), it can be analyzed with just a few clicks using this powerful tool!
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for law enforcement personnel, which includes: any sworn officer, support staff, administrative personnel, Supervisors and Management. Attendees need only a basic understanding of computers and Excel®. No technical or analytical background is required.
Students should bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel (version 2003 or higher). Additional materials (data sets) will be provided to students.
- Uses in Law Enforcement - Telephone tolls; Financial analyses; Agency stats
- Navigation & Manipulation - Rows, columns, cells, ranges, worksheets
- Tools - Autofill, conditional formatting
- Simple formulas - Sum, Average, Median, Mode, Crime Rate and more
- Complex formulas - Date conversion to days of week, months of year
- Concatenating - Combining data stored separately
- Parsing - Separating data using Text to Columns
- Best Charting practices - Bar, columnar, and pie chart usage; proper use of data labels, legends, gridlines etc.
- Why you should never chart in 3-D
- Importing/Exporting - Linking data between products
- Data Validation - Creating pull-down lists to give forced options
- The three analytical tools you must know - Sorting, filtering, & the magic of Pivot Tables
Nicole McKendree began her career in law enforcement in 2016 as a Patrol Officer. Mrs. McKendree pursued a higher degree focused in analytics and criminology and started the very first Crime Analyst program at the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office in Arkansas. After building the program for nearly 2 years, Mrs. McKendree moved on to the Arkansas State Fusion Center as a Senior Intelligence Analyst where she works today.
Mrs. McKendree currently assists law enforcement agencies nationally and internationally with criminal cases ranging from theft to homicide. She provides expertise in use of resources such as facial recognition, financial record analysis, property records, and more. Mrs. McKendree has specialized in Domestic Violent Extremism during her time at the fusion center, writing an intelligence product in collaboration with DHS that gained her recognition from the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. She was awarded the Southern Shield 2022 Fusion Center Analysis Award in October 2022 and holds several certifications in programs such as i2 Analyst Notebook, Crime Analysis, and Counterintelligence/Counterterrorism.
She is avid in furthering professional advancement of her peers through teaching analysis courses and directed advisement on law enforcement resources and training.
Mrs. McKendree lives in Arkansas with her husband and son.
Host: POLICE TECHNICAL
Location: Online Seminar 647 Ohio Street Online Seminar, 47807 Get Directions
No recommended hotels provided.