Conducting narcotics investigations presents a unique set of challenges and opportunities for law enforcement personnel. These challenges and opportunities demand new skill sets to evolve with the ever-changing world of drug culture. This course will provide the student with the knowledge and skill set to conduct a controlled narcotics purchase successfully and safely. This course will empower the student with the ability to effectively write various search warrants based on the criminal activity being directly seen during current narcotics investigators.
This course will provide law enforcement personnel with an accelerated introduction to the constantly evolving dynamics of narcotics investigations. Students will explore unconventional investigative techniques and learn the “Best Practices” employed to conduct these dangerous operations safely. This course will emphasize learning by doing activities involving actual and relevant case examples of controlled buys of narcotics and search warrants. No prior knowledge of narcotics training is required.
Who Should Attend
This class is designed for any active law enforcement personnel, support staff, or administrative assistants. Prior experience is not required.
- Controlled Substance – Identifying and understanding narcotics.
- How much does that weigh? - Common weights of narcotics and street slang. Possession versus Distribution.
- Search Warrants -Every keyboard has probable cause.
- Lego Blocks – Building a strong investigative foundation
- Controlled Buys - What is it and how can it benefit you?
- Controlled Buys – Undercover #1 and the Bandit
- Understanding the Pre-Deal, Deal, and Post Deal – Why the little things matter
- Evidence? Collection Methods
- Post Controlled Buy – Building the network and preparing all your cases as if you are going to trial?
- Conspiracy Counts – Doing more with less
- Post Arrest - Keep the cases coming…
Michael Wright began his career in 2014 with a Police Department in northern Colorado. Mr. Wright gained a wide variety of experience while working different cases throughout his career. For the last 8 years, Mr. Wright has been assigned to a multi-agency drug task force working with state and federal agencies. During his time at the task force, Mr. Wright is responsible for managing informants, making purchased of controlled substances while undercover, controlled case development, conducting Title III wiretap investigations and intelligence files.
Mr. Wright has the knowledge and ability to work a case from their inception, complete the leg work, make the appropriate charges and see it through to prosecution. It may appear Michael’s forte is narcotic work, but his knowledge in cell phone data and intelligence collection has allowed him to build stronger cases, in other criminal areas.
Mr. Wright lives in northern Colorado with his wife and two children.
Host: POLICE TECHNICAL
Location: Online Seminar 647 Ohio Street Online Seminar, 47807 Get Directions
No recommended hotels provided.